The Québécois Consumer
To succeed in any market, businesses must not only speak the language of its people, but also understand its unique culture. This is especially true in Québec where the spirit of community strongly favors local businesses.
To succeed in the Québec market, your brand and communication must have a local feel
French Canadian culture has less in common with France than is commonly thought. Rather, it can be described as a hybrid of French, Anglo-Canadian and American influences.
Francophone Quebecers differ significantly from the rest of North America in their attitudes about finance, business relationships, risk tolerance, decision-making and the way they respond to advertising.
There are also strong differences in entertainment choices, sense of humour and online habits - all of which can have an impact on marketing strategies.
Ready to find out more?
About the Québec Market
Representing almost 20% of Canada's total GDP, Québec's dynamic and diversified market includes leading industries in the fields of Pharma and Biotechnology, Information Technology, Software and Video Game Development, Banking, Finance, Insurance, Aerospace, Engineering and Tourism.
According to the Global Startup Ecosystem Report, Montréal has one of the best startup ecosystems in the world, excelling in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Video Game Development, and Advanced Manufacturing and Robotics.
So what can businesses do to successfully enter the Québec market? There is no "one size fits all" solution. Depending on your needs, timeline and budget, we can:
- Adapt and/or translate your content
- Linguistic adaptation - Adapt the language of your message to match the way French speakers connect with it
- Cultural adaptation - Adapt your message to suit the cultural nuances of your intended audience
► To know more about our Translation and Adaptation services, consult our Multilingo Plus brand.
- Coach your sales team on how to approach Québec-based clients
- Review your marketing and sales material from a cultural point of view and offer recommendations
- Perform a linguistic and cultural audit of your website, social media, etc. to make it more appealing to Québec consumers
- Work with you to develop a marketing/content strategy specifically for the Québec market
- Write industry-specific original content for your blog or print publication